Sunday, May 27, 2007

Still here, surviving!

Wow, these last couple of months have been hard work. Why do I want to be a teacher again? Oh yeah, 3 reasons. Summer, Easter, Christmas. Feels particularly true at the moment, nearing the end of the hardest year's work in my life. 2 more assignments, 4 weeks of teaching a reduced timetable (6 hours a week! Woo hoo!!!) and I'm free till September. I just need to find a job! Anyone need a German teacher in the south west of england? Eager to start up knitting clubs at school?

Knitting has been accomplished in odd moments, but I seem to have fallen prey to the dreaded SSS: count them: SEVEN single socks are haunting my knitting basket. the really shameful thing is I've worn a couple of them once or twice as an odd pair!

I really have to crack on with some second socks or my knitting karma will be well and truly shot. It's not quite as bad as all that, though: I took this photo 2 days ago, and since then I have finished one pair! this sock:
had become known as the cursed sock, or the bad karma sock: for some reason I kept getting bored with it, and the poor thing got abandoned five or six times as other projects took over. Not only did I finish it this week, but i decided that to balance out the karma in the pair, so they didn't end up as unlucky socks, i cast on for the second one immediately. And it's done!
Ta dah!! Hopefully now these are a good karma pair of socks. Koigu KPPPM (mmmmmm... Koigu...), generic top-down heel flap pattern. Now there are just 6 single socks to rescue!

No comments: