On the downside, I didn't get the job. I've already bored everyone who knows me by being incredulous that they gave it to a woman who turned up to the interview 45 minutes late, so I won't even mention that here. Ooops. Sorry! But I really think I wouldn't even have bothered to interview her! I mean, I got there 30 mins early! Grrrrrrrr......
Um..... where was I? Oh, yeah! Upside: supply work has started to trickle in. Downside: I'm going to a pupil referral unit next week! For those of you who don't know what that is, you remember those kids that got expelled from school, cause, like, they can't be in class without screaming and biting people? Ever wonder where they all end up? Yeah. Fun! I think I may be going through the following mantra in my head: 'You're being paid for this. Earn money, buy wool. Earn money, buy wool...'
I'm happy because I've just finished the second sock for my rescue sock pal: they're finally done, with colours I'm happy with, and when this one comes off the blocker I can post them and make her happy! I love spreading the socky love... :-D
This is not a sock pal sock. This is a thrummed sock. My first thrumming attempt! And it's warm. Cosy feet! well, foot, actually, as I've got sidetracked as usual and haven't done the second one. It was easier than i expected, though thanks to the monster sized thrums I was using it was pretty hard to turn the heel with all that fluff in the way!
Oh and the thing about thrummed socks? The cat thinks the thrums are some sort of small furry animal and keeps biting them when I'm knitting!
Odd sock monster from Mars.... Knitted to my generic make-it-up-as-you-go-along heel flap pattern, top down, but I had to go back, cut off the rib and knit back up as it was too loose, in Wendy fusion with thrums made of some merino that I dyed about a year ago and was sitting around doing nothing. There's a lot of that around here!
To join in the thrummy madness, hubby has requested a pair of fingerless gloves with a thrummed mitten flap. They're going quite well...
Much smaller thrums, in white BFL, but as usual I've kind of lost interest for the moment. I'll get back to all the UFOs one day, I promise. It may be when I'm 80, but it will happen.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... cosy.......
No comments:
Post a Comment