Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's been a long time...

...but I'm still here!!

And just because there has been no blogging, don't think for a minute there has been no knitting.


Ooohh, there's been knitting....

Multicoloured socks:
Koigu socks: Koigu socks...
Colinette socks...
More Koigu socks...
More Colinette socks...
Sockapalooza Monkey Socks... (already received by Michelle - hope she likes them!)
Another pair of Monkeys - Once I'd finished Michelle's, I could only bring myself to let them go by immediately casting on for another pair for me! Though My Mum may get these for Christmas, since I've not worn them and she rather liked them when she saw me knitting them.
There has been a Baby Surprise Jacket....
In fact I haven't seamed this yet, since I have no baby in mind for it, it was simply a test knit so that I can scale it up and do it for a nearly-one-year-old nephew in this...
(Daddy and Grandad are Wolverhampton Wanderers fans).
A hat in Lorna's Laces - Lion and Lamb in 'Devon'. The hubby suggested that this year I should make myself a hat before the middle of February, when I really need it. Surprisingly intelligent suggestion. Bet I've lost it by February though!

Then there is this: I've had my eye on it for sooooo long, then I walked into Get Knitted the other week, and it was there! In the sale!!
Oh yes. There has been Kauni Cardi-ing...
Aren't the colours just gorgeous??
I'm working on it exclusively at the moment, and I'm pretty thrilled with how fast it's growing so far. It's the first thing I've ever attempted with steeks, and at the moment I'm just trying to shut my ears every time someone says "What? You're going to CUT your knitting?" It can't be that scary, can it? really? Tell me it's not...?
Oh, and there's this of course. A completed Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl. Knitted in Debbie Bliss Merino Aran, and nearly stranded forever half-finished because the wool was discontinued while I was knitting it and I didn't have enough! Luckily after visiting 5 shops and 17 websites I found an extra 3 balls and managed to finish it with 3 and a half metres to spare! Talk about close call... It's my first shawl, my first completed lace project and I love it. My Mum and my MIL keep trying to pinch it every time they're here!
Gratuitous arty shot. Colour is better in the first photo.
So there you are! I just haven't been in a blogging mood, but I've certainly been busy! Oh and I finished my course, passed it, and am a qualified teacher now! And I don't have a job. Looks like I may be doing the supply teaching thing for a while... Now tell me, they do always give the nice, well-behaved classes to the supply teacher, don't they?

No comments: