skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A little knitting and a gruelling trip to the gym
Despite a smidgen of project infidelity............
(That's a cast on Baby Surprise Jacket in Wolverhampton Wanderers black and yellow)
The Kauni Cardi is making definite progress. You see that up at the top of the picture? The little loop of blue cotton?
That's the beginning of a sleeve steek! So I estimate that I'm just over halfway through the body, which is... allowing for sleeves and button bands and things.... maybe 1/3 of the Cardi done? Does that sound accurate? So as regards keeping up the kauni enthusiasm and finishing the cardi, I'm definitely not out of the woods yet. Went for a personal training session at the gym today (it was free, I think they're trying to drum up interest) and spent half an hour doing some boxing with my instructor (starts off fun, since you get to take all your agression out on his hand pads - but trust me, I have more agression than stamina. Arms like wet spaghetti, anyone?) Then did my usual gym routine as well. Burned a total of 900 calories, which sounds good, but is only a drop in the ocean, I'm afraid! I have a whole other person's worth of weight to lose. 9 and a half stone, which is 133 pounds. And that's to get to the top end of a healthy weight. Daunting task. Encouragement welcomed!
Meanwhile, Willow has been trying out new sleeping dens....
...but seems to prefer the one stuffed with merino wool and handknitted socks. I wonder why that could be....?
No comments:
Post a Comment