I am married to the most wonderful man in the world. Do you know why?
It's not because it's our three-year wedding anniversary today, and he still loves me despite all my faults. It's not because he wrote me a lovely message in a card with sunflowers on. It's not because he bought me the biggest ever bunch of flowers and had it delivered today while he was out at the doctor's.
Huge, or what? I opened the door and a bunch of sunflowers handed me a clipboard to sign. There was no person visible. Those sunflowers are 3 feet tall!
It's not because he always gets me sunflowers because he knows they are my favourite flower (I had them in my wedding bouquet, despite my mother's protests). It's not for any of those reasons, though I do love him for each and every one of them.
No, it's because of something really amazing. Really, really amazing.
Yesterday, I asked him to teach me to use the strimmer. He taught me how to fill it with fuel, set it up, and prime it. then I started it, it spun along the ground, and hit his leg. I did this to his leg. 
Now, he and I both know I didn't mean to, but you could hardly expect a man to not be cross with you for doing this. It must have HURT. But he wasn't cross. He didn't yell. He told me not to worry and spent ten minutes calming me down and persuading me to 'get back on the horse' and use the strimmer again. He came back outside and taught me how to use it properly. Then he went to the florist and ordered the world's biggest bunch of flowers, and had them delivered to me today while he was at the doctor's having a tetanus shot.
You see? I'm right! I am married to the most wonderful man in the world.
I love him to bits and I hope he'll always love me as much as he evidently does now!
No comments:
Post a Comment