That is a grafted shoulder seam. Can you spot the row of kitchener stitch? If you can, don't tell me! I'm proud of it! Grafting something this large was a LOT harder than grafting 16 stitches on a sock toe. still, I survived! And it's now joined at the shoulder. The next step was steek cutting. *GULP*
I can now see why just the one drink would help steady the nerves. This took a lot of work, a lot of knitting time. Cutting it in half was... interesting. Still, I am beginning to see the virtues of steeks and knitting jumpers in the round. I'm not totally convinced yet, we'll see.
But cutting it did allow me to get this far! As of this evening, it has a neck band and button bands! With buttonholes! (No closeup as I'm not that impressed with them - but they are my first try!)
I had some help today.
Just so you know, picking up stitches is considerably harder with a cat sitting on your work. She seems to really love this knit, every time I put it down, there she is!
...and when I gently prise her off it, she finds somewhere else to go that makes me feel guilty!
(this is perhaps not the best shot of a patchwork bag I'm actually quite proud of! But it's clearly acceptable as a bed.)
1 comment:
Your knitting helper looks almost exactly like mine! And your sweater looks great. I like how you modified the hem and button bands - I considered that too. Your sweater is going to be beautiful!
Post a Comment