Speaking of which, I've started a new project. I've been looking at Rowan Tapestry for months now whenever I go near a wool shop, stroking it and wishing I could come up with an excuse to buy some. Winter has given me my excuse! First frost on the ground this morning, I must need another jumper. Hooray! Now, I have to state for the record that this is my first ever attempt at knitting a jumper, so be kind and don't laugh if it all turns out a bit wonky! The colours are gorgeous.... stripes without the effort of darning in ends! Yay!
...and somebody, who I think has been feeling a teensy bit jealous of the chickens, got the very rare priviledge of curling up on my lap this evening whilst I was knitting. Normally I shove her off after thirty seconds, because she pounces on the wool and tries to bite the needles as they wave about, but I've been feeling so sorry for her having to be kept in for so long convalescing that I tolerated minor attacks on the WIP this evening and kept breaking off to stroke and fuss her. Everybody? Ahhhhhh.....
Yes, I know, I'm a soft beggar. Please ignore the mess in the background. It's been over a week since the parents visited, so standards have slipped again. If my Mum visited every 2 days, my house would stay tidy! (this is not because my Mum tidies up, although sometimes I do find she's snuck off and is hoovering my stairs, but because she nags me if it's not tidy so all the mess gets hidden before she arrives!)
Another gratuitous kitty shot, because she just came to see what I was typing and to scrounge some kitty biscuits. Darling hubby keeps some on his desk. When she wants some she jumps up, walks in front of the screen (and occasionally across the keyboard - sometimes accidentally sending emails that read 55243i8732egklfdu6465&U^%£%££.... to random people in the address book -hopefully not Keir's boss!), and pushes the pot of biscuits over with her nose to get his attention. So he gives her some biscuits. Has he trained the cat, or has the cat trained him? Interesting philosophical question...
Do you see Darling Hubby's new toy next to the cat? Do you notice something else? Just behind it? I'm sure there is a third one somewhere too.... Now, I'm not even thinking of complaining. It'll make it harder for him to object to me going on a spree on Saturday! I'm going to Get Knitted's open day! My first chance to get my hands on some Lorna's Laces! Do you think I should warn him? Nah! I can make meals out of whatever's in the freezer for a while - that way I can spend the food money on wool!
Now I'm off to see if I can chart a pattern for some chicken socks for somebody's xmas present.... or maybe some mittens.... or a scarf...?
1 comment:
Your sleeve is nearly a sleeve babe! Am impressed, and inspired, but there is a limit to how much I could brng with me!!! Will start for next placement I promise... cute chickens too, show the eggloo next time I wanna see what it looks like. Plus a photo of you and the first omlette. You go girl, Naomi
PS - So what does hubby look like? I propose a photo of him modelling one of your knitted hats.
Post a Comment