For starters: it bugs me that the colours change so slowly on the sleeves because of the far smaller circumference. It also bugs me that I picked these two colours to start with, largely because I had started the sleeve before in purple and red and i just ripped back to two rows of the purple and picked up the stitches again - I couldn't be bothered doing all the picking up around the armhole again, and I was impatient to finish. It bugs me that i began the sleeve with 3 rounds of plain purple - why???? Nowhere else is this part of the pattern! It bugs me that I've only just realised after laboriously knitting seven repeats of the sleeve pattern that my tension has changed hugely from the body... I think I must be using very different needles, but I knitted the body so long ago I can't remember what I used. It bugs me that the different tension causes the arm to pull in against the body where the stitches are picked up and spoils the look of the cardi. It bugs me that I don't know if blocking will sort out any of these issues, and that I won't find out until I finish this and another sleeve! It bugs me that it bugs me this much and yet I have continued knitting, making more and more fabric that will have to be unravelled if I decide I can't live with it. It bugs me that I am unable to make a decision, and that I can sense this project getting close to being flung back into the UFO box for another six months because I've got cross with it. It bugs me that even if I finish it without undoing bits, it'll probably be too warm to wear it!
It just bugs me, you know?
So in my infinite wisdom I'm going to take my mother's usual advice and sleep on it, and offer you the opportunity to guide me... what do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment