Instead of being good and doing my homework, as it were, I have been tidying up after xmas and fiddling about with this and that... That travel knitting I cast on on Wednesday has already become one finished sock, for a start! Stripey funky sock!
I also, yesterday, finally finished addressing the issue of storing all my knitting needles: The straight ones live mostly in two whisky tins on the windowsill:
...along with a few hand spindles, and other bits and bobs, and I'm relatively happy with this. It sometimes takes me a minute or two to find a pair in the same size, but that's not too big a problem, as I don't need to do it that often. Last year sometime, inspired by the pencil roll in last-minute patchwork and quilted gifts, I made an organiser for my DPNs (bottom one in picture below), and then a second one a few months ago for circular needles . Unfortunately it didn't comfortably hold the bigger ones, and wasn't quite big enough - I miscounted the pockets. So yesterday I made this extra one to hold the rest (top one in picture below):
I didn't realise I'd got the rainbow the other way until afetrwards! But I like the effect... :-D
Do you think maybe that I like rainbows?
1 comment:
Poor chickens, indeed! Heh. I love your needle cases, that's great!
Post a Comment