Sunday, November 16, 2008

A busy week of crafts and not earning enough...

This week, I have once again not had enough work. It was quite nice not going to work on Monday, as it was my birthday. It would have been nicer not to have to get up at 6.30 am, get ready for work and wait by the phone all morning, but you can't have everything. I had a fabulous birthday weekend, going out 3 times with friends and parents, and eating far too much. Best birthday for a long time. Seemed to last 4 whole days. Yay!
The craft room reintegration continues... I made this DPN holder a year or two ago, then made a similar one for circular needles, but the cords had to stick out the top coiled up and it never worked very well. This week I had a go at a redesign... I'm quite happy with it. It doesn't quite hold them all, but the bigger needles would need wider pockets, and I have never used them anyway. I'm not all that likely to use a 9mm 100cm circular needle, but I bought a whole set... if I ever throw them away, I'm bound to need them immediately. They don't take up a lot of space. I have been knitting a plain stockinette sock for my Mum's xmas prezzie (she knows... I knit them in front of her), but it seems to be going slowly. It's a lovely rich variegated chocolate brown in Colinette Jitterbug, but the colours are quite subtle, so there's less interest in a plain sock. One down, one to go. These are staff-room and handbag knitting: very portable. I've cast on no. 2, to prevent the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome...
I'm really dying to knit these: more Fyberspates self-striping BFL sock that my darling hubby bought me for my birthday. Colours are 'flower garden' and 'kermit'. Yummy! Must restrain myself. I have 5 more socks to knit as presents before xmas!
Some sewing I have been doing this week: patchwork xmas tree wallhangings. I had a little production line of these going - they are all slightly different though. Four of these will be xmas prezzies, one I'm keeping to hang up at xmas. It'll brighten up a corner. I think these will be good prezzies for family that I don't get to see often: very postable. More tomorrow with details of escaping chickens...

No comments: