Don't have the skill to spin cashmere on its own, as the staple length is sooo short, but I wanted a gorgeous snuggly scarf, so I patiently sat and carded it with merino and made myself a small stock of rolags (wishing that I hadn't started this whilst wearing head-to-toe black).

Not the most even yarn I've ever spun, as I normally spin worsted from roving and haven't practised spinning from rolags much ever, but good enough for my purposes, although it looked considerably worse plied:
And then I began to knit. I'd got this far a week or so ago:
... and then disaster struck. I was knitting in the car (hubby driving) and I somehow stopped doing all the YFs on one side in the first half of a pattern repeat. Anyway I now have to frog at least 10 rows, but I am a bit (no, a LOT) daunted about how to pick up all the stiches correctly again when I've ripped it back! So there I fear it will stay for a while, just another sad UFO, until I get brave and sit down with a lot of time to work it out slowly. Ho hum...
No comments:
Post a Comment