skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Pixie hat for cold weather
Jaywalker (and everything else) has gone on hold for a day or two, 'cos my sister-in-law (she's not actually yet married to my brother, but they did finally get engaged last year after about 7 or 8 years together and my mum and I love her and keep telling him to marry her RIGHT NOW, so I've just decided to start calling her that in the hopes that they'll take the hint! Plus it saves this huge explanation...) has just been sent to Oban (waaaay up in Scotland, in the cold) for '2-3 months'!!! at about 4 days' notice by her evil bosses (who I shan't name as they'd probably sue me, some of the things I'd like to say about them!) and will probably have to be there over Christmas. Working. Alone. I really do not know why she hasn't already told them to stuff this job up the orifice of their choice by now, but she does love working with the fishies. (Marine Biologist, big firm of aquariums... aquaria?) So, in Scotland she will get to play with Seals as well which I know she will love, but it will be bloody cold and she doesn't drive so will be walking to work and probably not eating properly living in digs or a B&B, so she needs to keep warm, no?Ta dah!! (knew we'd get there in the end) One woolly hat.
Strange sort of pixie shape with earflaps that want to curl outwards will really suit her. She's good at cute. Closeup of the fabric:
Bit blurry but you can see the colours nicely.This was knitted from a three-ply merino yarn, one strand turquoise, one strand a nice dark purple, and one strand a mad painted roving which had purple and turquoise and several shades of pink in it. All spun and dyed by yours truly, so it's a special hat. handmade from start to finish, and I hope it keeps her ears warm up in the frozen North. I wanted to give you a laugh by seeing a picture of me modelling it, but for some reason the pictures won't upload, so I can't. Shame. I look like a total pillock.
No comments:
Post a Comment