I have finally started my first ever Jaywalker... I feel like it's a Rite of Passage and after this, I will be a real knitter / blogger! Here is how it began life...
This is one of three skeins of BFL that I had carefully spun to be a 2-ply roughly sock-weight yarn (I was guessing, I make socks with all sorts of thicknesses), 13 w.p.i. if you're interested. I hand painted the three yarns all at once with acid dyes and steamed the 3 hanks together. The results were a fabulously bright yarn in sort of parrot colours. Here is what it looked like skeined:

Re-skeined (to mix the colours up) :

And cast on as my first Jaywalker!

I looooove how the colours are pooling into sort of stripes but not regimented, and I just can't wait to finish it and get it on my foot! Slightly concerned at how the fabric bags into points just below the rib where the slanting stiches start.... um.... can you block a sock? how??
Um... anyway, am following the pattern exactly so hopefully it will all work out... advice from Jaywalker experts please?

No comments:
Post a Comment