Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Bit of knitting, bit of crochet...


This is the best photo I can get of the knitted up rowan cocoon cardi after dark - unfortunately at this time of year I don't get much daylight time at home! It's all spent in classrooms with 'orrible little kids! Somethingof a triumph today though... the 'orrible kids that I met yesterday have cottoned on to the fact that I'm not going to tolerate them doing any of the following:
  • skiving the first half of the lesson
  • interrupting me when I'm explaining the work
  • physically attacking each other in my presence

I wonder if the 10 detentions (yes, ten!) I handed out yesterday in that one lesson had anything to do with having a better lesson today? Hmmmm....

On a lighter note, I dug out the crochet hooks and thread the other day to make xmas prezzies for my Aunts: I'm very impressed with the snowflakey-ness of this, but I can't quite believe it took me three hours to make! It is pretty though. Trouble is, now I have to make at least another three! My other Aunt, my Mum and I will all want one for our trees!

This is the pink snood in all its glory: Yes, it looks like a large pink blob, but it's lace and it hasn't been blocked. You know how it goes. It's nearly there - I did another repeat today at school, that means only six to go! I can't decide what kind of edging I want round my face - I know a fabulous pointy one that fits with this leafy lace pattern, but I don't know if I want points round my face or a straight edge. Thoughts?This is the completed second pair of saviour socks I knitted and sent out ages ago - I just couldn't get on with the cabletini pattern, probably not a good idea to have a first attempt at cables on 2.25 mm DPNs, with no cable needles. hmmm. Anyway, I was pleased with the feather and fan pattern in the end, though I was heartily sick of it by the time I got onto the second sock! I'm having a rest from socks for a while. And I never thought I'd say that!
Finally, a little piece of cuteness for you... believe it or not, she got there herself with no human assistance. She likes wool. It's a good job the drawer is so overfull, or one day I'd probably accidentally shut her inside when I closed it! Poor kitty.... As it is, she's happy as Larry. However happy he is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice socks and what a cuddly cat picture :)