skip to main |
skip to sidebar
WIP that needs to be an FO!
What's that strange, squidlike many-tentacled blue blob? It's the second of my hubby's special fingerless gloves with thrummed mitten pouch, specially designed for outdoor activities that involve standing around in the cold, then need dextrous fingers (specifically,clay pigeon shooting).
Unfortunately, I offered to knit him these for Christmas back when we had sunshine and long days... then finished one in a burst of enthusiasm, and left it languishing for months on end, whilst I pursued other interests... only to remember two weeks ago that Christmas was fast approaching. Darn it. So although I'm not really in a glove mood at the moment, I am duty bound to finish this one in time for unwrapping on Christmas morning. Having said that, gritting my teeth a few times and getting in a few good hours of gloving in the staff room at break and lunchtimes has made a big difference, and I'm now almost up to the decreases on the mitten pouch. Trouble is, thrumming is slower than knitting normally (have to stop and make the thrums!) and we are rapidly running out of days. The other thing is...
If you knit from no pattern and make no notes, your second glove can bear only a passing similarity to the first... I don't know why that thumb is so different, I think I used the same number of stitches... and I definitely did for the hand. It must be down to gauge I think... not a lot I can do about it really. Fortunately hubby is pleased with them despite their little flaws. He's fabulous. He hasn't even complained that I've given him a nasty chesty lurgy that I picked up from the kids at school... I am nursing him though. I'm not totally nasty.
Another squid-like thing: an octopus finger puppet. Why? When you have an almost-sister-in-law who's a marine biologist and you see a bag of assorted fishy finger puppets, how can you resist?
I'm torn between the shark, the turtle and the seahorse... The starfish is a bit odd.
1 comment:
Nice idea, about thrumming the mitten section, I must have a go at that.
Finger puppets...you are as bad as I am :)
Post a Comment