Uh oh.... hole. hmmm.... can I darn / graft it back together into a holeless, strong fabric? Let's see. First, pick up stitches at the edges of the hole. Weave in a new thread to duplicate the weakened and missing stitches. Simple, no?
No. Can I create a solid, un-holey sock? Yes. Is it neat and smooth and comfortable? No. Bugger.
Sigh. I can hear a frog calling me......
Ribbit, ribbit....
Ooooooh, BIG hole. there's three or four rows of knitting gone or damaged there - no wonder I couldn't mend it neatly! Oh, well... half a sock gone in 2 minutes. Just don't think about how long that half sock took to knit.
Unravelled back to good strong knitting, and picked up again, ready to re-knit. This is back into the gusset! And I have long feet! Sigh... but... I enjoy knitting, right? So... this is a good thing?Well, not quite. I like knitting, but I like to knit new things, not redo old ones, really!
Couldn't really spare the time, but heigh ho, any distraction... Christmas preparations have begun... Actually I'm feeling rather smug as all the prezzies except the gloves I'm knitting for the hubby have been sitting downstairs wrapped and ready for two weeks! Where did this miraculous organisation come from? I'm not sure... It's not like me! Maybe I'm possessed? Nah, I think I just couldn't face another year of last minute xmas shopping. No more to do now! Though I still have 13 for Xmas lunch. Yes, I know that is seen as unlucky, no I'm not superstitious, but just in case the universe is I'll be setting a place for the cat. On the floor. Her table manners aren't up to being allowed near all that Turkey!
The tree looks good, though, don't you think?
What's that? A strange brown decoration half way up? What is it? I wonder...
No, I didn't put her there... she climbs. It seems to have become her favourite roost. And while that's cute, the decorations are getting rather disarranged by her jumping out and climbing around! I'm going to have to redo it at the last minute before the guests come. I can't believe she can still climb up it - last time she did this, she was just a little kitten! Now she's a terribly sensible grownup cat - can't you tell?
1 comment:
Nice sock colour though, even if it is being a beast!
Speaking of wee beasties, the cat ornament is very cute ;)
Post a Comment