Of course, being me, I am changing the wool, the gauge it's knit to (I did get gauge, but the cardi is a little too small, so I'm knitting it looser... I'm mad. I know.) and the length. Still, knit on 7mm needles, it may be a mistake but it's a FAST mistake. We'll see. I'm knitting it in Rowan Cocoon which is soft and snuggly and gorgeous, and smells lovely and sheepy, but is so far shedding that lovely hint of silvery mohair all over me and the house whenever I knit. I'm hoping the shedding will lessen when it's all actually knit up and washed!I'm also knitting a snood (tubular scarf / wimple / cowl type thing) in some sale yarn which I can't even identify - it's semi-solid raspberry pink and cotton, but beyond that I dunno. It's nice though, and I'm at least three-quarters done! Pics soon.
I finished and sent off a second pair of saviour socks, but part of the reason I'm a bit miffed with blogging lately is that I haven't had a good Sockapalooza experience. I knitted my pal's socks, and sent them. No socks arrived for me. I knitted a saviour pair (at great trouble - see previous post!) and sent them. No socks arrived for me. I knitted a third pair for someone else who had been abandoned by their pal, and sent them. No socks arrived for me. There have still been no socks.
I knitted three pairs of lovely socks, and each person seemed thrilled with them. I sent presents with them: hand-stitched bags and chocolate and hand-dyed roving, hand-made stitch markers. I put my heart and soul into making those three women happy when they opened their parcels. Where exactly in all this did I deserve the bad karma? Why no socky happiness for me?
I'm extra sad since this is the second swap I've done and the second wash-out. The first was the Spin to Knit swap, and though I've never blogged about it, I felt badly let down by that one too. I'm sure there are lovely swap pals out there somewhere, but I'm not sure I have enough faith to try another swap to find out.
Tell me your thoughts... anyone else had a bad swap? Did you get 'back on the horse', as it were? Shall I trust that there is good karma coming? Or cut my losses? I don't like to leave things on a low note. Hmmmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment