Friday, November 21, 2008

Socks, socks, socks

The chocolate socks are done, and now blocking after a little soak in some wooly wash. So that's one pair of xmas socks done, two pairs to go. It's very doable in the time, but there's a great danger of boredom, as they'll all be pain stockinette socks. Boys won't have fancy patterns. Hubby's socks will be funky colours at least, since I insist on it (I just can't slog my way through 20,000 stitches of plain navy blue. Can't stay awake!) but I need to decide on the other pair.

A pair of men's socks, for my stepdad, in one or more of the following: I bought the tweedy brown colour with him in mind, but I'm not sure I can cope with another pair of brown socks right now. I asked hubby, and he advised me to use the purple, with maybe heels and toes of the green to make them extra funky. Have i finally convinced a man that knitwear can be other colours than blue? Apparently it is permissible, but only on the feet. That's a start though, don't you think?
To reward myself for finishing the brown socks, I'm allowing myself a bit of kermit action. Love that bright, zingy green. It almost glows!

No comments: