Monday, November 17, 2008

doves and gloves...

Remember the gorgeous baby llama teal blue/green yarn I bought at Get Knitted last month? (yes, I know, yarn diet, but I had to take a friend who had never been there - never! She coudn't be allowed to suffer not going to a fabulous wool shop any longer, now could she?)
Well, now I have mittens! Lovely, cosy mittens to keep my hands warm when standing about outside in the cold. Some of our hobbies include an annoying amount of being outside in cold weather... maybe I just need to knit more layers. Hopefully next time I'm going to be standing around outside (no use for driving, too slippy) I'll remember these and my camera and get an action shot of them warming my hands. Snuggly. Mmmmm.... I may need more baby llama when the diet is over... it's deliciously soft.
Sone more xmas sewing: a stained-glass effect patchwork roundel to hang up at xmas - I made myself one earlier this year, now I'm making 2 more as presents. A pile of cut out pieces.......becomes a shape that is quite hard to see....

...until you do the 'lead' of the stained glass with 1/4" bias tape, and suddenly the design leaps out at you. It's fiddly, but really effective. This one just needs its edging and a hanging loop, the other one is still a pile of bits. I need more 1/4 " tape. Think I might go out and get some, so I can get on with these this afternoon and evening. Xmas prezzies getting crossed off the list!
p.s. Willow says I have to tell you that I did cast on a sock in the kermit colourway after all, but in my defence I have only done 2 rows and I have finished the ribbing on the second chocolate sock....

No comments: