skip to main |
skip to sidebar
stunning stripey socks
Wow. Fabbie stripes, fabbie colours, a lovely cosy sock on a happy foot. The fastest I've ever knit a sock: cast on, 6pm Thursday. Finish and graft toe: 11.40pm, Friday. And I promise you I didn't just sit and knit all of both days! I knit a couple of hours on Thursday evening, did the heel flap and turn Friday morning when I woke up early, then knit in front of the TV on Friday evening, watching Die Another Day. First Bond film I've seen in years and I wasn't impressed. We're going to see the new one next weekend, so I'll have to watch the last one at some point, I think the new one continues from that point. Haven't seen this new bloke as Bond yet but I don't rate Brosnan, he's too smooth, like Roger Moore. Sean Connery was the best Bond.
Film critique aside, I think I'm developing an addiction to this sock wool. The only reason this second sock isn't finished as well is that, on Saturday, I developed knitter's cramp in my right hand! Think I may need to slow down on the sock knitting....
Sock 2 is coming out more muted so far, but still a beautiful combination of colours. This is what I love about hand-dyed yarn: it's so unpredictable, the enjoyment of knitting it up is in seeing what the colours do next, that's what keeps me knitting late into the night.
Willow prefers to snooze all evening in a warm place. If she doesn't fit in enough catnaps, she doesn't have enough energy to jump on me and bring in small furry creatures in the middle of the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment