Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Decisions, decisions...

Thanks to a lovely comment from the designer herself (I'm feeling a little starstuck, to be honest), I no longer have worries about the Soap Bubble Wrap - The lace portion was just accidentally seamed inside out, as it's reverse stockinette. I'm definitely going to knit it, but it'll have to wait - I'm fixated on the Silk Cocoon Cardi now! As part of my stashbusting initiative, I'll be knitting it in some really dark purple wool that I've had around for a long time, which is nearly impossible to photograph, so it may not be perfect blog fodder...

I do have one thing to resolve before casting on though... having looked at the pattern stats, it's only 25 inches long - I'm a tall lass, and that'll make it rather too gappy at the waitsline for a prim and proper teacher. I need to add some length. Now, have a look at these two rather poorly photoshopped pics, and tell me - do I add extra stockinette or do I add a matching lace panel at the bottom?
Lace?
Or plain? You telll me.... please leave a comment and tell me what you think!

2 comments:

ann said...

I wonder how a smaller lace panel would look - maybe half as wide as you have in the picture?

Lolly said...

It really is a beautiful cardigan, and I am excited that you are planning to make it! I think it looks good with both the lace and the stockinette extension. Personally, I would go for the stockinette if I were going to make it longer (less work!) but it will be great either way!