Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Get me some pointier needles, stat!

Thanks for the comments so far on the plain or lace dilemma - please keep letting me know! So far I'm leaning slightly towards plain, as I think the extra lace would make it a bit too girly for me. I did sketch this change though, just to get a look at Ann's suggestion of a smaller lace panel:
Pretty, but again, I think it'll be more wearable for me personally if the hem is plain. What do you think? Am I just being boring?
Oh, and the title? I cast on a sleeve to have a play with the pattern - the P5tog is really kicking my ass on blunt bamboo straights. Need to get me some addi lace circs on this one! Sadly I don't think I have one in the right size. Oh, what a shame! I have to go to the knitting shop... :-D


p.s. 38 fish... are you counting?

2 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Lucy, no, I didn't mind at all your comments about the Soap Bubble wrap. It was obvious that there was nothing mean spirited about it and you had a legitimate concern which I hope I've addressed ;)

As for the silk cocoon wrap, I would vote for plain too or maybe a ribbing, but I agree, more lace would be too girly and it's already quite girly! ;)

And yes, p5togs are a b*tch to work without addi lace needles. But you'll like the texture result, I promise!

Best,
Connie

Aim said...

Oooh, I like this pic best of your photo-shopped versions...I like that little bit of interest at the botttom edge