skip to main |
skip to sidebar
socks and fish - lots of fish
Last year, before I realised quite how skint I was, I signed up for a year's sock club with Socktopus. I'll get six parcels, one every two months. This was January's parcel - I wasn't keen on the textured pattern included, so I'm just doing these as plain stockinette. It's lovely and soft - it's merino, described as 'Optim stretched wool'. I don't know how it's made, but it's lovely and soft and has a lovely sheen to it, like a silk mix.
Halfway down the first sock, just doing gusset decreases. I may have got a little distracted though...
Since I finished the first funky blanket, I've has a whole drawer of cotton sitting around (this is about a quarter of it). I finally found a pattern I like for another blanket - Festive Fish by Paula Levy. There are loads of gorgeous examples on ravelry.
I've made a start - 8 fish done! Unfortunately for a six foot square blanket, I will need 432 fish. I'm trying not to think about that at the moment. Lots and lots of fish! I'm just knitting them and chucking them in a basket - not going to even think about counting or sewing together for a long time!
No comments:
Post a Comment