I didn't do much knitting on holiday, just these and one red fish (for the neglected festive fish blanket). I was reading or playing cards most evenings and odd moments in between all the cycling, swimming, canoeing and eating cheese. Ok, so there was more of the latter than of all the other three, but never mind. Still a lot more exercise than usual. I'm going to try to use the bikes more now we're back, having decided not to bury them at the back of the shed behind the lawn mower again. They were just a nuisance to get out there. Got to tidy the garage to make room for them though.
Since returning to Blighty I have been contemplating casting on for various jumpers, but so far all that's made it onto the needles is a scarf: Two-row alternating stripes of Noro Kureyon sock in 1x1 rib. I've seen loads of them out there, and always liked the striping. I had an odd ball of this and don't think it would hold up to sock wear for more than a couple of hours, being thin singles. I cast on 40 stitches on a 3.75mm circular, but wasn't happy with the look of the fabric (messy, loose gauge) and the fact that both colours were going to line up and turn to green together.
No comments:
Post a Comment