There's a nice dotty bag, bigger than the last one, which is basically finished, except that I'd like to bind the raw edges inside (I'm not usually this obsessive, but hey, sometimes you've just got to...)So I went to Fibrefest yesterday with my Mum, and there were one or two little things that followed me home...
This is called a 'Zauberball' (Magic/wizard ball) and is imported from Germany. Hadn't ever seen these before, and they looked interesting. I say 'they', as this one came too (I didn't want one to be lonely!). The one above is plied, the one below singles. We'll see how they knit up as socks.
This is some 50/50 wool/silk laceweight called 'Gaia' in the 'Baroque' colourway, from yarndamour. I bought it to finally knit the Aeolian shawl, which I've been both eager and terrified to make since it appeared this Spring. I will finally make this gorgeous shawl. Soon. When I've psyched myself up a bit.
This ball of grey felted tweed came home with me to join a jumper's worth of the blue in the stash, where it will sit and dream of becoming one of these. Yummy. Love this pattern.
These 2 skeins of Coldharbour Mill's own waterwheel-spun Merino aran wool came with me to add to those already in the stash, which are in the process of being made into a raglan jumper very loosely based on francis revisited.This afternoon I snapped Elsie out in the garden, having escaped from the chicken run. I let the others out for a run with her. It seemd only fair. The garden is a bit jungle-y at the mo, but never mind, there are still nice flowers peeping through, and a ton of tomatoes if they ever ripen.




No comments:
Post a Comment