Made another box bag today, to a slightly larger scale: 16" x 22". I'm trying to home in on the right size for a new wash kit bag for my hubby. He's requested that it be sort of waterproof, just to stop things from being able to leak on his clothes when he stays away on business, so I'll have to line it with PVC or something. I'll figure that out when I've experimented a bit more. Pictures of today's bag will have to wait, I haven't downloaded them yet.
Today I also swatched for and cast on (and ripped out, twice) the francis revisited jumper - now the funny thing is that this is very definitely a cowl-necked jumper - that's the main feature of quite a plain (though stylish) garment. I will be knitting it without the cowl. Yes, I know. I'm odd. I saw Carrieoke's half-finished version here, and just loved it as it is - a simple raglan jumper, with quite a wide neck. I'll be doing the neck edge in seed stitch to match the other edges. I'll be knitting it in some aran-weight merino wool I got from the discount basket at Coldharbour Mill, where I'll be off again tomorrow, for Fibrefest! I'll be getting some more of the yarn, as I have no idea how much I have, but probably not enough.
Stash Builder Box
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment