Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1 yukka, 2 yukkas, 3,4,5

A bit of knitting yesterday and a bit today, and Aeolian has 5 repeats of the yukka chart to display twinkling with beads... I love the beads with this yarn and pattern, so I suppose fate knew what he was doing making the others useless and making me buy these out of sheer magpie glitter-seeking reflex.
I still haven't decided how many yukka repeats to do. I was wavering between 6 and 8 repeats (I don't want the enormous shawl, but I do want something larger that the shoulderette version). I have to do an even number of repeats of this chart before moving on. Looking at 5 laid out here, I think I'll do 8. This is currently 9" long by 20" wide (or would be if I could stretch out the other side - short needle) and I think another half-inch won't be enough. An inch and a half should be.
Willow spent the evening trying out new places. She climbed up here out of hubby's hands when he lifted her off my shoulder. Mad cat! Good job she can land on her feet....
Spot the cat in this picture. She used to do this when she was a tiny kitten and we'd panic because we couldn't find her!
She is such a literary cat. She sleeps on all sorts of books. Plus she likes to walk over the one you're trying to read.
Closeup of the yukka pattern. I'm not sure I can see a yukka in this, but it's a nice all-over pattern, and I think it could make a nice beginner's shawl pattern all on its own. If the beginner is better at casting on than me, that is.

Funny how the beads are harder to see close up. I suppose it's because the shadow of me looming over them cuts out the light sparkling off them. They're nice and twinkly really.

No comments: