I've been seeing neat little box bags in funky fabrics all over the net for months, and yesterday I got curious and googled 'box bag tutorial'. That led me to this brilliant tutorial by Drago[knit]fly. This morning, I decided to use this Amy Butler fabric I had left over (from making a sunhat to wear on holiday - you can see me wearing it in the lake in yesterday's pic if you look really closely...). I used some dark blue cotton from the scrap bag for the lining, medium weight interfacing and a 12" navy zip, all from the stash. This bag cost me nothing at all! Yay! Isn't it fab?
I followed Drago[knit]fly's instructions quite closely, with a couple of mods suggested by Twenty acres and NO sheep here. These mods make it a lot easier, especially the corners, I think. This way they are easy and all the same size and straight! They almost certainly wouldn't have been otherwise, with my sewing. I can be a bit slapdash...
Just the right size for a medium-sized knitting project: my stripy noro scarf.
Speaking of the scarf, this is how it looked this afternoon / evening. The pink section turned out ok, hubby swears he can see the stripes right through. I can't quite, but don't mind it. The colours seem to be mirroring the beginning almost perfectly now, so I'm intrigued to see what they will do after I get past the orange/green section that's coming up next. Three things are surprising me about this scarf:1. It's a really simple repetitive knit, but I'm somehow not bored.
2. It's on quite short DPNs and continually nearly falling off the ends, but this does not annoy me and I have even tried long needles and changed back to DPNs.
3. It's in rib and I'm still knitting it! My darling hubby would be the first to tell you that I hate knitting rib! I will only do it under sufferance, and get quite narky doing socks for him as he likes a good depth of ribbing - after the first half-inch I'll be asking 'Is this enough yet?' every other row, when we both know he wants about 3 inches!
1 comment:
You have reached the zen of knitting dear girl, worship at the gates of the blessed needle gods and give thanks ;-)
Mlle Wilson
PS I hope you practised your French whilst away...
Post a Comment