Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Jigsaw Jay Jitterbug sock done!

Ta dah!!! We have one finished sock. In accordance with standard procedure to minimise the dreaded SSS, I immediately cast on for the second one, but I've only knit about 5 rows. I love the colours and the stitch pattern, though I don't think they are perfect together: you have to look quite closely to see the jigsaw stitch pattern because of the strong color bands. I still like the socks though. It's rare I knit something fancy for me, I have almost all plain stockinette socks.
Here's a closeup: Now you can see the stitch pattern. I think this would look fab in a semi-solid. Maybe I'll try that next, although the list of projects-to-be is getting longer...
I fancied a bit of quick knitting satisfaction afetr finishing sock 1, so I whipped up this from some leftovers:
An amorphous red/orange/pink blob, with two bobbles. WTF?
A felted catnip mouse for my best kitty! The ears are a bit low down, but she won't care. I'll make her a better one for xmas. Might wean her off bringing in the real thing at 3am and releasing them under my bed!
I think she likes it! Tried to video her going bonkers with it, but it came out too dark to see. I'll try again with better light sometime, it's so funny.

1 comment:

Annalea said...

It's so fun to see Willow with her mouse. :o) I'm so glad she still has ter tail!