skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Sewing Friday
Today has been a sewing day. It wasn't intended to be, but I started this morning (quite late) by tidying up my craft room and sorting things into their rightful places, then hoovering. During the tidy-up I came across a large lump of curtain fabric. It was supposed to be curtains for hubby's study. We moved into the house 3 years ago, and his is the only room that still doesn't have curtains. Aww.... poor hubby. I should say in my defence, though, that I have made the curtains for every room except one in this house, and that making curtains is my least favourite form of sewing. After about 6 months he gave up and went and bought a blind, but a wave of guilt hit me today so I sat down then and there and made him his curtains.
...And that got me in a sewing mood. Also turned up in the tidying was a bag with some canvas and two appliquéd chickens, which my Mum gave me last week, as they'd been rattling round her cupboards for years and she wasn't going to do anything with them. So I got the machine threaded up with cream and fished out some cotton batting, and ta dah!!! A lovely strong useful chickeny bag. I love the chicken design, and the best bit is, I didn't have to do the fiddly bit!
I'm taking Mum to the knitting and stitching show tomorrow at the NEC - I'm not going to tell her I've made this, I'm just going to turn up carrying it. I bet she wants to steal it (back)!
There hasn't been a stitch knitted so far today, but last night at the pub I did one whole pattern repeat on the second jay sock. This was knitted under the influence of two large glasses of Chardonnay, so I'm not sure if I dare to look too closely in case it turns out to be drunken knitting and I have to frog the lot. Can't have one wonky drunken sock and one straight sober one!
1 comment:
Hooray for your hubby's curtains. I'll bet he's tickled with them. It's a nice touch that they coordinate so nicely with the blinds.
I love how you made up the chicken bag. I haven't made many bags (yet), and I love the lines of stitching top and bottom. I'd never seen that done before. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment