Monday, September 29, 2008

So near, and yet so far!

This picture shows me that I have completed 20 out of 27 repeats of the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl. I decided on 27 repeats because I want a shawl that is more than 6ft wide. I'll find out if that is wise when I have one. We'll see. However, despite having knit four hundred little leaf motifs, (four hundred? Four hundred!) I have, in my complete insanity, decided to knit another 7 repeats... of a shawl that grows all the time. That means, my dears, that despite having knit four hundred little leaves, there are still three hundred and fifty-six to knit. I am seven repeats away from the end, yes: but I am only just over halfway there. 52% done, to be precise.
But the beads are looking lovely.
Another few rows after breakfast? It's sort of addictive...

1 comment:

Annalea said...

Beads? What color(s) did you choose? I'd love to see a picture . . . I wonder where the beads are sitting . . .