Thursday, September 18, 2008

A hole and a sole, a sheep and a shawl...

What do you do when you discover you've walked a hole in your lovely handknit socks and you can't bear to throw them out just yet?
You dig around in your stash and find a pair of felt slipper soles you bought at a xmas market in Cologne about 5 years ago, and sew them on.
I'm glad I finally found a use for these! Who says I'm a hopeless hoarder? Stash is useful!
My felted sheep teacosy. Except he's a bit small for my only teapot, so he's a cosy for a jar of knitting gubbins in my craft room. He's cute, though, don't you think?
Baaa!
The turqoise FCSS is rolling along slowly... here it is with 9 repeats done. This makes it just under 2 feet, as you can see, and I'd like it at least 6 ft, maybe more - my wingspan is 6 ft exactly, and I'd like this to be a large dramatic shawl. I've got long arms, like my mum - she calls them monkey arms. I remember being confused aged 10 at school being described as a 'short rectangle' because my wingspan was greater than my height, despite being 5'6" tall - the tallest kid in the school by a long way. I've hardly grown (upwards) since primary school. It was weird being 14 when everyone suddenly caught up or overtook me! Suddenly I wasn't a giant in a land of munchkins any more!
Anyway, I decided today that this shawl needs beads. Never mind that I've knit nearly a third of its width without them, I'll scatter them on somehow and make it look deliberate (ish). But which beads? Decisions, decisions...
This is some of the beads. Not all of them. I didn't want to scare you....
I'm away on holiday this weekend, so I need to go and find a simple sock project to cart about with me. Off to the stash we go!

No comments: