Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Family please take note...

...I love this wool. So much so that I knit a whole pair of socks, far longer in the leg than I usually make, in four and a half days, and it would have been less than that if I hadn't been emptying and decorating my craft room and cooking you all Sunday lunch (I knit so much on Saturday that I had to stop with cramp in my hand)! This stuff is gorgeous, it's heaven, I love it and want to knit more of it, and it's my birthday on Monday. Just saying! Mum, Bro, Hubby, you can find it here or here. I love all the colours.
Anyone else reading: Get yourself some of this, it's sheer joy to knit and when you put the socks on you'll have happy feet. I know I'm being a bit wildly enthusiastic about this, and would just like to add: I am not being paid to rave about this stuff, and I will not get any free wool for telling you all that it's heaven (sadly). I just love it.
My strangely-shaped feet... they look odd from here, I don't usually see myself from this angle! I was a little concerned about how the colours started out on sock 2, as I loved the bright rainbowiness of the first sock, but I kept knitting, and I'm glad I didn't rip it out. The more muted colours are gorgeous as well, and I like the contrast with the brighter section that comes lower down. Now if I can just drop enough hints to the hubby that I'd like more of this (ahem! Birthday!), I may soon be knitting a pair of knee-highs.... hee! Of course I'm totally neglecting my holiday knitting and all my UFOs, but who cares? Sorting through old photos on the computer, found this. So tiny! Can't believe this was more than three years ago. She always did like to find the cosiest place to sleep!

1 comment:

Annalea said...

Ohhhh . . . what a perfectly adorable photo of Willow. If you post too many of those, I'm going to end up with another cat. ;o)

Those socks are definitely very, very fun. Just think of all the lovely variation and surprises you'll get when you knit knee highs! (Just a tip: knit them from the toe up, so you can get All The Length possible.)