Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Done! I can sleep now...

Hubby's xmas socks are done, in plenty of time. inished and ends woven in by 8pm on xmas eve - not cutting it fine at all! I'll take a better pic when he's wearing them. He loves these colours, but I'm not quite so keen, I preferred the red mardi gras ones.
...and of course Willow's xmas pressie... three catnip mice. I was quite ashamed of the standard of sewing employed in making these, until I got a grip on myself (with a little prodding from hubby) and realised that they're for a cat to chew, and not supposed to be a masterpiece!
Hello. We are amorphous blobs stuffed with catnip.

These are the finished socks for my stepdad - finished a week or so ago. I was a little tired of knitting these by the time I was done, small gauge + deadline = unhappy Lucy. But I'm pleased with how they turned out and hope he likes them. It's turned into a sort of tradition that I always get him socks (posh, alpaca or cashmere £10+ a pair socks, not multipack ones) for xmas, so I hope he likes these. Lots more effort than buying them!
Now to bed so that santa can come and bring Willow more catnip! (I read her 'Twas the night before Christmas' earlier... I think I'm losing my marbles!)

1 comment:

Annalea said...

Merry Christmas, Lucy!