Wednesday, December 24, 2008

'Twas the night before xmas, and all through the house...

...paint was drying and bedding was airing. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it...
Whose last-minute xmas preparations would include painting the bathroom? That would be me. We can now proudly say that every single room in the house, except the downstairs loo, has been painted this year. We must be mad (That's me and my lovely hubby, you understand, I haven't started using the royal 'we' under the delusion that I'm Queenie or something). Tomorrow I am cooking xmas dinner for 10, 8 of whom are also staying over. It's going to be a busy one, and we've only just about finished tidying and cleaning everything in sight. I'm still knitting one last xmas gift, but it's socks for hubby, and I'm nearly at the toe of sock 2 so no stress there, and I have to make Willow a catnip mouse for her pressie, but that's a 5 minute job on the sewing machine. I may even make several. I finally finished sewing all the dreads on the ski hat for my big brother, last night on the sewing machine. Still a pig of a job but it reduced a 4 or 5 hour job to a 45 minute one. Bearable. I'll take pics when he unwraps it on Boxing Day - SIL has to work tomorrow feeding her fishies, so they can't be here for xmas day. I'm trying not to see it as a reflection on my cooking from last year...
Hope all your xmas prep is going well, wherever you are.
Merry Xmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments: