Monday, December 29, 2008

Ribbit, ribbit

I finished the kermit socks, but discovered an issue in blocking them. This gorgeous, intensely coloured self-striping sock wool from Fyberspates seems to bleed like a stuck pig...


I didn't discover this issue with the first, rainbow striped pair, because I didn't block them - they were so gorgeous I just wore them from the very second I finished weaving in the ends. I did notice, however, that the beautiful rainbow colours were a lot less bright once they'd been through the wash. The idea of losing this intense kermit colour made me sad, so I decided to try and fix the colour - I steamed the completed socks in a pan on the cooker for 10 minutes - no more bleeding! Here's hoping they will stay this bright now - we'll see after they go though the wash.
So then I had to find some more knitting - thought I'd be good and try to finish up another WIP instead of succumbing to startitis again... sadly, my cleite shawl had stalled as I'd fluffed up in the last but one row, so needed to tink back - tinking back in lace really isn't my favourite thing to do in the world, but I bit the bullet and did it, and am now back on the straight and narrow. I'm hoping that now I'll get into the swing of knitting this a bit more, as so far I've had to be reading the lace pattern and counting obsessively. knit one, YO, knit one, YO, knit 3, SSSK, YO, K2tog....

1 comment:

Aim said...

I'm with you, I hate frogging back in lacework--you'll soon be glad you did that though =) Love your green socks!