Friday, December 26, 2008

purrrr and grrrrrrrr...

I have a lovely new toy!
It's teeny-tiny and has millions of clever settings and 10.3 mega-pixels! The only annoying thing is that I can only download pics to my computer with its annoying 'Kodak Easy-share' software, and it's not easy, and I wouldn't even share it with my worst enemy! There are several setup options, so it seems like you don't have to have all the extra crap they want to give you to make greetings cards and fill up your hard drive, but unless you go for the complete programme, it won't recognise the camera. Go on, ask me how I know. Grrrrr. I may have to set hubby on it later. Still, the camera itself is lovely! Big viewscreen, and nice easy controls:The old camera is going to have a peaceful retirement dozing on a shelf, being used occasionally by hubby and no longer rattling round in my handbag. Old 3 m-p camera:
It's done pretty well over the last few years, and the poor quality of pics shown regularly here are entirely my fault, not the camera's, but the new one should enhance my crap skills, and has lots of features that make up for my lack of talent. It has a much faster shutter speed for one thing, making it a lot easier to get animal action pics...
...without them all walking away! They always want to come in the house, I think they're jealous of Willow. Fantastic discovery yesterday: Nugget is laying! Elsie started a week or so ago, lovely little brown Welsummer eggs, and just this week we'd had a couple of small pale broen eggs, but we didn't know what colour eggs Nugget would lay, white or brown... on xmas day she went into the eglu and came out a little later leaving a wram little pale-brown egg! We has 3 xmas eggs in total, but I'm not sure who one was from. I'm guessing Attila isn't laying, as she's moulting. She's the slightly scruffy fat one sitting on the step looking up at the camera. She pecks so hard it hurts, and seems to think fingers must be tasty!
I will be getting more practice with the camera and its many settings over the rest of the holiday, but the auto setting seems to take alright sock-in-progress pics....
Kermit!!!

1 comment:

Annalea said...

Congrats on the new camera! As an Easy-Share owner, myself, I have one recommendation: get a card reader. :o) The computer recognizes that as a removable hard-drive, and you can use whatever you want to manage your photos (I love Picasa).

I also found that using the docking base drastically shortened the life of the very expensive battery, so just charge it when it's giving you a low-battery warning.

Have fun playing with your new toy! We had a lovely Christmas here, with hordes of family, lots of noise, and caroling and laughter. It was wonderful. :o)