Saturday, December 27, 2008

Drat it.

Every year on the 27th December, we go up to a friend's house in Derbyshire for a day-after-Boxing-day clay pigeon shoot. We don't really hit many, and it's more a case of standing around chatting in the fresh air, eating mince pies and having a nice time catching up with friends. And so, normally, that's where I'd be. Except that yesterday, on the way out to shut the chickens, I stepped on a cobble stone that they had kicked onto the path outside the kitchen door, twisted my ankle and fell down hard into a nice fresh pile of chicken poo. So apart from having to hand-wash my gorgeous Kauni cardigan, I am also hobbling around like a 90-year-old with my left foot strapped up and resting on a hot water bottle. Not the ideal way to spend the rest of the xmas holidays, but I need to be better in time to start my new job on the 5th Jan!
So, while hubby represents the family in Derbyshire, I shall be knitting with my feet up. it's hard to complain about that sort of an injury, really... although it would have been nice to see everybody. Today I shall be trying to knit a hat that suits me better than a beanie. I think some sort of slouchy beret would be a good start, so I think I'll have a go at this one Sarah's just put up as a free download pdf at bluegarter. Time to go stash-diving.... carefully!

No comments: