Monday, February 23, 2009

Displacement activity

Cindy is a wicked woman. All I did was ask an innocent little question and she wrote a whole blog post to answer it (ok, she's a very kind and thoughtful wicked woman). The thing is, that very kind and thoughtful blog post included lots of temptation, and (here's where I fell down) lots of very useful links and information. Now, I'm sorry, but a woman on the last day of her holiday who's supposed to be doing lots of work simply can't resist that kind of a distraction! Armed with some new pointy DPNs and some brand-new gorgeously snuggly-soft malabrigo sock yarn, what knitter could resist the temptation to just read up on the process? "Just a quick look, so I can understand how you do the heel. I've been wondering for ages..." The trouble is, a quick look becomes a long look, becomes a long read, and at some point in all that reading, my wayward fingers, which should have been marking books, picked up those new pointy DPNs and that gorgeous wool and... well..... this happened. The books I should have been marking, in case you're wondering, still lie abandoned on the floor. Either I'm going to have to stay up all night after French tomorrow marking them, or I'm going to be taking that class to a computer room on Wednesday. Hey, now there's an idea....

Oh, and Cindy? Thankyou! I'm loving the toe-up sock so far...

2 comments:

Cindy Madden said...

I am so pleased that I lured you down the path to my world of toe up socks!! You were way too willing......

Aim said...

Lucy, thanks for the link to Cindy's blog, that is some fun stuff....My first pair of socks were toe-up and I admit I have struggled with my top-down pair; guess I'm a natural toe-upper =)