Next up, there's still plenty of cotton left to knit up into fish before I ned to buy any more, but that's not stopping me from craving a trip to the wool shop.... Aaaargh! A week and a half till payday.... May even have a tiny bit spare from this paycheck... Nah, who am I kidding?
So far, 32 fish.... I told myself I'd knit 5 of each colour before I stated to count or to plan sewing up but that's sooo not true. I've laid them all out 5 or 6 times already to see how it looks. It's looking good! Just 400 fish left to go...
I really want to start a new cardigan, and liked the look of two new patterns in the latest Interweave Knits, and I was loving the look of this soap bubble wrap, which looks fab and very wearable...

...until I saw this side view. Is it just me, or is that side seam in the lace pattern quite badly botched? I'm quite surprised that this made it through the usually high standards at IK. Maybe it's just a bad photo or a bad blocking job, but still, that's unusual. Big ugly raised seam right down the middle of the lace panel on the side. Definitely ruined it for me. It's a pity, as apart from this, I loooove this pattern.
See? Is it just me?
I really really love this one, though... In fact I love it so much that I knitted a swatch. A real swatch. A 40 stitch wide swatch! Not some pointless little inch-square patch that doesn't tell you anything at all... I even washed it and blocked it!
Sadly, I can't seem to photograph it, as it's so dark purple it's almost black. Rats.
1 comment:
Hi there, I'm the designer of both the Soap Bubble Wrap and the Silk Cocoon cardigan. It's been a while since I knit these so I don't remember the particulars, but you're right, I think I did mess up a bit with the seam. The problem is that the lace pattern is in reverse stockinette and I was seaming it as if was in stockinette. It should be easily fixable. Just seam it for a reverse stockinette fabric and that obvious line should be gone.
Post a Comment