Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Last-minute-itis

Do you ever find yourself wondering why on earth you have left the large, important, time-consuming piece of work to the last minute? If not, if you are one of nature's planners and freakily perfect, organised people who have always got it finished with a week to spare, then please go away, because I just can't be friends with you today.
The assignment is due in tomorrow at 2pm. And I have classes and meetings to go to in the morning. 4,500 - 6,000 words. I'm currently at 2,598. The first half I am now happy with - 1,739 words wich seem to flow and make sense and are about the right topic and everything. Now we are on to part two, which is more a rationale of a scheme of work I had to write. The scheme of work is 1300 words. Those words don't count as it has to go in an appendix. Neither do the other 6000 words of notes I had to write about the topic I will be teaching. That sucks. A lot. Almost as much as the fact that I had to read another 10 books on educational theory, as well as the text that I am trying to actually teach, in order to write this sucker, of which the only evidence will be a few tiny little snippets in as quotations, which, yes, you guessed it, don't count in the word count. I guess that's fair because I didn't write them. But it doesn't feel fair right now.
If my head hasn't exploded, I will offer an update on progress later on.
i haven't knit a stitch for 4 days now. not one stitch. I've got a twitching muscle under my right eye and I'm getting close to screaming. I just want to knit, and then drift into a peaceful sleep and dream about knitting. In reality, I'm off to take more pro-plus so that I can stay up all night writing an assignment that I never want to set eyes on again, ever.
Wish me luck!

No comments: