Knit one sock at a time when I can knit three? Not me!
I was dying to see how all these colours of Koigu came out, so i went a little bit crazy and cast on three different socks at once. I've been kniting on the pinky one this evening, so it's in front, but I'm going to try and keep them all more or less even - I don't want two of them to just become more UFOs hanging around.
I was dying to see how all these colours of Koigu came out, so i went a little bit crazy and cast on three different socks at once. I've been kniting on the pinky one this evening, so it's in front, but I'm going to try and keep them all more or less even - I don't want two of them to just become more UFOs hanging around.
I decided that I have to knit up a load of my yarn before buying more, not because I'm doing any kind of 'knit from your stash' challenge, just because yesterday, in one of my favourite yarn shops, I had an epiphany. I didn't want to buy yarn.
No, your eyes are not deceiving you. I didn't want to buy any yarn. The thought of all the yarn sitting in my stash was getting to me. Not so much guilt at the cost of it, the money I've spent on it, but rather that it's sad for the wool to sit getting dusty and never become anything beautiful to get shown off in public. The sight of all that beautiful new yarn made me sad at the idea that I could take it away and hide it in a cupboard.
I did not have PMT. I may have been slightly tired...
Anyway, at the moment I'm enjoying knitting up the beautiful yarn I've got already. Aren't they beautiful? And I don't intend to make the second socks yet. When I've finished these three, I have at least another three gorgeous colours I want to see knitted up. This time it's not about the FO count. It's just about the joy of knitting with gorgeous colours.
No, your eyes are not deceiving you. I didn't want to buy any yarn. The thought of all the yarn sitting in my stash was getting to me. Not so much guilt at the cost of it, the money I've spent on it, but rather that it's sad for the wool to sit getting dusty and never become anything beautiful to get shown off in public. The sight of all that beautiful new yarn made me sad at the idea that I could take it away and hide it in a cupboard.
I did not have PMT. I may have been slightly tired...
Anyway, at the moment I'm enjoying knitting up the beautiful yarn I've got already. Aren't they beautiful? And I don't intend to make the second socks yet. When I've finished these three, I have at least another three gorgeous colours I want to see knitted up. This time it's not about the FO count. It's just about the joy of knitting with gorgeous colours.
2 comments:
Hey, there is no reason that they have to match! You could have 3 pairs of mismatched socks. I love the colors! What are the colorways?
Great colors! You can knit on whichever one catches your eye on a given evening, although, from your last post, I would guess that Willow would like you to complete one quickly so she can nap on it. Napping on dpns can be risky.
Post a Comment