Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sock yarn muse...

In answer to some comments:

Jae said...
Hey, there is no reason that they have to match! You could have 3 pairs of mismatched socks. I love the colors! What are the colorways? Caesar is a big fan of using my knitting as a blanket as well! He can smell wool from a mile a way.

Hi, Jae! Colours are Koigu KPPPM, P202 (purply one), P623 (pinky one) and P615 (greeny-mixed one). I can't pick a favourite, I'm in love with all three at the moment! I love knitting with handpainted yarn and seeing how the colours come out when it's knitted.

Willow never usually seems to want to sleep on my knitting except when I'm actually knitting it! She jumps up in my lap and stands up with her front paws on my chest, in between me and the needles, with her face about an inch from mine. This is kitty language for 'put it down and fuss me!'

By the way, Jae is doing a fab thing in a couple of days - Knit Michigan. If you haven't done so already, Go sponsor her! She is so close to her target and this is something that affects us all.

Brenda said...
Poor Willow! It is hard being a usually pampered housekitty. She is very cute!Do you like the colinette yarn? I keep hearing about it, but no one seems to have posted about how it wears and washes.

I love the Colinette - It's in beautiful colours, is machine washable, has that gorgeous sort of corded look like koigu which seems to make the colours shine more, somehow, is 100% merino for snuggly softness, and is made in Wales! Go Wales! Why should British knitters keep importing wool from the other side of the globe when there's this gorgeous stuff right here at home? Support your local producers, while there still are any!

(sorry - rant mode off)

Unfortunately I can't help on how well it wears - only just finished these ones, my first pair. I will keep you posted!

In the meantime, can anyone else offer advice on how well Colinette yarn wears? Don't be shy! Leave me a comment! De-lurk! In fact i might run a competition soon to encourage you... yeah. tell your friends and watch this space! I need to come up with something silly!
Some sort of competition.... hmmm....

1 comment:

Jae said...

Thanks for the color info. I'm going to have to see if I can find them. And a huge thanks for the knit michigan shout out!