skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The Knitting and Stitching Show
Warning: this is a very picture-heavy post. Go and make yourself a cuppa and then come back. Good cuppa? Go on, have a biscuit. You deserve one. Ready? On Saturday I got up early, went and picked up my mother and drove up to the NEC in Birmingham for the Knitting and Stitching Show. Yay! We saw many weird and wonderful bits of stitching in many forms, though most of the exhibits requested no photography. A couple that didn't:
A giant crochet coal reef, that is apparently travelling around and being added to all the time to raise awareness of endangered coral everywhere. Mad and very cool. Quite realistic forms, as well!
Embellished bras - I can't remember what this exhibit was about, possibly breast cancer? Just guessing. These looked so fab though - if I had the patience I'd make one and wear it! There were quite a few purchases as well, of bits and bobs that caught my eye and I just couldn't leave without. This lot was from knitncaboodle:


Yummy sock yarn, DPN WIP tubes (I justify this by saying that I've been looking for these for a while... I'm fooling no-one). And two lots of gorgeous alpaca laceweight yarn that was amazingly reasonably priced. I just culdn't go without it. I bought two lovely heathered colours, a leafy green and a deep turqoisey blue. Both have already been cast on as Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawls: This is Annalea's fault, as she reminded me how much I enjoyed the pattern. I gave the first one to my mum, so I don't have one... The reason there's two is that I'm not sure about gauge. The green has been started on 3.75 mm, and I'm not sure if it's too loose. I want the leaves to show up nicely, but I also want a lovely lacy shawl. It looks ok pinned out here on paper, but held up to the light it loses definition.
Not sure..... So I cast on the blue in 3.25 mm.... It's not hugely different, but I think I like it better for now, so I'm continuing the blue at the moment. I may end up completing them both, of course, given about 10 years...
Xmas coloured buttons were also purchased... not sure what for, various ideas. Maybe a button wreath?
Wool prefelt from art van go - this is destined to be a sheep teacosy. I'd show you a picture of progress so far, but there's sooooo many pictures already!
A hank of purple silk to spin from Oliver Twists: Mum bought me this, as she'd just bought herself a silk scarf. Mine is in kit form.
Mum also bought me this: an emboidery kit of a xmas tree saying 'merry xmas' in several languages. Apparently I had to have it, as I'm a linguist. Strange logic, but I do think it's lovely.
I also bought a silver (colored) bracelet from the Stef Francis stand: It had little loops all around the outside to attach beads, so I raided my stash when I got home, and came up with this:
It's really hard to photograph glass beads and siver! This is the best I could do. Funky, no? Here it is on the wrist:
That's it for today. There were one or two other things, but I don't want to overload you...
1 comment:
How lovely . . . all of it!
I've always wondered what one would do with that type of bracelet, and now you've inspired me. Heaven knows I've got a bead stash! lol
Post a Comment