Sunday, January 17, 2010

A baby quilt and another ishbel

I knew my Mother was quite taken by my purple Ishbel scarf when she twice swiped it from around my neck to try it on. When I accidentally left it behind at her house on Saturday, however, I knew that matters had become desperate. I arrived home to see an email gloating that Mother was going to wear it to her WI meeting and her sewing group! Desperate times call for desperate measures.....
...another Ishbel. I'm not giving up on getting the purple one back, but I've got a cold neck! The first half of the pattern makes for good car knitting, so this was cast on this morning and is now ready for the lace section. As before, I'm doing small stockinette and large lace (charts A,B,A,B,A,C,D,E). Maybe I can finish it this week!
And two evenings' sewing will give you a beautiful little cot quilt for a new arrival... I'm hoping to meet him on Saturday! I hate washed-out pastels, I don't think they're terribly practical for babies. Babies leak. Luckily new Mum and Dad also like bright colours. I hope they'll love this!

No comments: