Sunday, January 24, 2010

Finished!!

It was touch-and-go for a while there, but at 00:20hrs this morning, I cast off Mum's Ishbel. It was quickly soaked and pinned out to block dry, and then this morning hastily unpinned and wrapped. This picture is the most accurate colour of it (on my screen at least). I think I may be making yet another! It's such a useful size and shape... Mum's also asked me to try and simplify the pattern for her, so that she can have a go. I'm going to try to chart the edge pattern only onto the middle stockinette section... that way it's only one pattern row to remember!

I think she liked it... it was round her neck within seconds of unwrapping! This is my Mum laughing in disbelief that her children could be mad enough to really cover a cake with 60 candles... it was quite warm!
Happy Birthday, Mum!

No comments: