Saturday, January 30, 2010

Warm feet, warm wool, warm quilt

The crayons socks with the eye-of-partridge sole are finished, and on the feet. Hopefully they will keep my tootsies warm tomorrow, standing in a field in Wales all day.

Aren't they beautiful? I especially love the little dots of color on the sole created by the stitch pattern. The idea behind this is to make the soles more hard-wearing: my socks never wear out on the heels, always on the sole. Usually under the ball of my foot - maybe I tiptoe everywhere and don't notice!
There has also been more Tomten knitting. I've finished the first sleeve and started the second, but it doesn't look very different from yesterday, so no picture today. Instead, some new acquisitions: (bought with xmas money from the M-I-L... thankyou!)
Grey Shetland top from Spinning Weal in Clevedon. I had 100g of black Shetland for xmas from my lovely hubby, and it was heavenly to spin. I have visions of a lovely chunky fair isle jacket in natural sheep colours. I have more black and some white on order.
The purple cotton fabric in the background also came home with me, along with some cotton batting. They are to complete a second funky baby quilt, just like Hardy's. Here's the top, very similar, using up the extra squares of fabric that I cut out:
I just love mad multi-coloured things. Can you tell?

No comments: