Friday, January 29, 2010

Tomten resurrected

My exceedingly chunky Tomten made in Lamb's pride bulky, which weighs a ton but will be super warm, has come out of the abandoned pile and gained a foot of sleeve in the last two nights. It's almost certainly the cold weather plus the prospect of standing in a field all day Sunday that's driving me... Not that it will be finished in time, no way. Not even if I knitted constantly from now until Sunday morning without sleep. It's only about half done, if you consider the other sleeve, a hood and a front band. My arms are aching from holding the weight of it, and most of it's resting in my lap as I knit!
Tomten, with one sleeve about three-quarters done. Still not sure about the hood. Want one for warmth, but don't want to look totally stupid. On the other hand, if it's cold enough to wear this, I probably won't care how I look. I'm even planning on lining it with fleece at some point, but I'll have to decide which is the right side first. I love both, and at the moment it's reversible.

No comments: