skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Time check!
OK, so for reasons unspecified I want to finish this Ishbel this week. That's going to take some doing, with no snow days in the offing and a house that desperately needs a spring clean before my Mother comes round on Sunday... Technically the brother is also coming, on Saturday, but he doesn't count. He's messy too. I can even rope him in to clean if I need to. Probably. He kept hoovering at Christmas, but maybe that was a comment on the general cleanliness of my house...
Anyway, Ishbel this evening got three-quarters of chart A knitted. It would have been more, but I was shattered after being left in charge of somebody else's class from hell and had to crawl under a duvet and have a little kip and 2 paracetamol to recuperate. Knitting time diminished, but sanity partly restored. More of the same class tomorrow, unfortunately. I may need vodka next time. The point is this. I have until Sunday. I am knitting charts A,B,A,B,A,C,D,E. If I knit one whole chart each night (and catch up two rows tomorrow at lunchtime, maybe?) then that just leaves me C, D and E for Saturday. I have a long car journey on Saturday, and the brother will be driving. He hardly ever lets me drive... I try not to take this as a comment on my driving. (To be fair, the one time I drove his car a couple of miles I went up a big kerb, and he was in the back... but I was on holiday and eating an ice cream at the time... I'm sure this has nothing to do with it.) Chart E is only one row. One chart on the way to Dorset, and one on the way back..? Maybe. That still leaves the cast-off row (I remember that taking over an hour). I'll also have to block it. Mission impossible? Maybe, just maybe...... I've bitten off more than I can knit.
No comments:
Post a Comment