Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Not quite disappeared...

Still here, just gone a bit quiet. Still battling on with everything, and knitting like mad. A few FOs in a minute. First, you need to go here and read about this. If you're not convinced after that second one, I doubt I can say anything to pursuade you, but really, even when I've had the worst year of my life, I can still appreciate how lucky I really am. I live in a big house and I never go hungry and I can put the heating on when it gets cold, and I have an obscene amount of wool, although I haven't bought any for months. (I'm going to have to knit for quite a while to make a dent in this stash!) I can find a few quid. And so can you.

Now, knitting!!
There are a few things on the needles not making much progress, but I'd like to start on a high with some finished socks which I'm going to find it extremely hard to part with... I love the colours of course, as it's a rainbow, but they are for my stepdad's birthday, so they are firmly spoken for. And they're not my size.
Fabulous, though, aren't they? Schoppel Wolle crazy zauberball.
I started an Ishbel shawlette in noro silk garden sock a while back, but never really got along with it... the edging seemed very tight in the non-stretchy noro singles, and I got confused with tyhe charts and had to rip... It went into hibernation. Then a skein of gorgeous variegated purple cashmere and merino sock yarn appeared, courtesy of the socktopus sock club that I joined last year, and it just seemed too glorious for socks. Ishbel mark two was knit up very quickly over Christmas - lots of car knitting and hours of sitting on the sofa digesting too much food! It's a fabulous shawlette that I wear often as a bandana-style scarf, and turns a gappy v-necked jumper into something far cosier. I love it!
Ishbel, full span. The edging was pointier after blocking, but has curled up a bit in wearing. I don't mind, I still love it.
Slightly blurry closeup of lace pattern. Fabulous colour!
More FOs and UFOs to follow. I'll try not to forget the blog again. Promise.

No comments: